Friday, August 7, 2009

DETROIT: WHERE WE LIVE, PLAY, LOVE, EXPLORE....A CITY FOR FAMILIES











Detroit has something that I call a Tram. It is like a Subway except that it is above ground and hoisted into the air. It's called The People Mover, which is a ridiculous name, but I just love riding the dog-gone thing. What genius came up with the name "People Mover?" That's beyond me, but there you have it.

At any rate, I love the shuttle, the tram, the Aboveway, the Circle, the Tiger Trail, The Detroit Line, ....SEE the potenial for a cool name? But NO they called it "the people mover" ugh...




But I digress...








We LOVE to ride the People Mover! I personally love it because it is the BEST place to take in a relaxing, panoramic view of our gorgeous city . It's a photographers paradise and a stressed out mom's peaceful sanctuary. The motion calms the nerves and the view inspires the soul.



























This particular weekend we had the joy of taking our Kentucky born and bread niece, Brooke, to see our city. The pictures in this post were ALL taken from the Detroit People Mover.

It's some ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment